The Building Division is responsible for enforcing the building, housing, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes of the City (including addresses that are in Greenbrae that are in the City of Larkspur. See forms and applications page for a lists of "Streets In Larkspur") and:
- Reviews all construction plans for compliance with State and Larkspur building codes
- Issues building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical, permits.
- Performs inspection and conduct code enforcement
- Conducts resale inspections and issues resale reports in conjunction with Central Marin Fire Department.
Building Division services are conducted primarily via email or phone. The most efficient way to contact Building Staff is by emailing Building@cityoflarkspur.org Please include address in subject line and/or body of the email.
- Due to limited staff resources we are not issuing simple permits "over-the-counter" or conducting in-person plan review at this time.
- Permit submissions (large plans, etc.) can be dropped off Mondays through Thursday 9 am to 4 pm in a box marked “plan pick up/drop off” at the second-floor lobby next to the elevator at City Hall, 400 Magnolia Avenue
- Payments and small envelopes can be put in the secured box on the wall to the right of the front door of City Hall.
Inspections and Building Inspector Office Hours
The Building Inspector is available at the Building Department counter Mondays and Wednesdays between 9 am and 10 am.
- Inspections can be scheduled Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to noon by calling (415) 927-5033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code questions can be asked by calling (415) 927-5033 or emailing email@example.com
Applicable Construction Codes
2019 California Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire codes. Applications will be accepted under these codes until 12:00 p.m. Monday, December 19, 2022.
The 2022 California Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire codes will be considered for adoption at City Council meetings in November and December 2022.
Certified Access Specialist
The City of Larkspur utilizes a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) for disability access and American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) code inquiries. Please contact Daryl Phillips at Phillips Seabrook Associates at (707) 544-9500, Daryl@PhillipsSeabrook.com for more information.